Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Ancestors' Signatures


I have recently begun intensely researching my White family line of Surry County, NC.  I am working with another White family researcher and we are making some great discoveries.  (I'll share more about the that in future posts.)

One of the fun things I found this week is the signature of my GGGG grandfather John White as he wrote it in Feb 1833.  A White is Albert White, the son of John.  These signatures are at the bottom of a bond naming John White as executor of his uncle John Seagrove's estate.

The last signature is that of Pleasant Venable.  I'm not sure yet where he fits into things.

There is much work to be done to be done on this White family line.  There are MANY White families out there and MANY men named John White.  All are not our ancestors.

If you are a White family researcher with Surry County connections, I'd like to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...