Friday, November 25, 2011

Dobson High School Basketball Team
1932-1933

This is a photograph from my grandmother's photo album.  She (Cecile White) played on the girls' team in high school.  Unfortunately she did not include a picture of the girls' team in her album.

Surnames of the boys' team players include Collins, Long, Melton and White, Folger, Sims, Monday, Cockerham, and Phillips.

While none of these young men are directly related to me, I suspect a couple may be cousins on collateral lines.  I wanted to share this photograph in case there are other Surry County, NC researchers who might researching these surnames.  I just might have other photographs of your ancestor.  One never knows where a photograph of an ancestor might turn up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...