Thursday, November 3, 2011

Family Interviews

I had FB message from a cousin last week telling me about an elderly cousin who was a teenager when my great grandmother Mattie Maddox Howard died.  She remembers Mattie.

How have I let this cousin slip off my "family history interview" radar? I'll be making plans shortly to interview this lovely lady.

I have come to realize there are many in the family lines that still need to be interviewed. Some for a first time. Some for a second (or third) time.   I recognize that I am fortunate to have so many relatives to interview.

It's time to step out of the archives and/or away from the computer databases.  It's time to tap into the family sources.  It's time to learn what the records cannot tell me.

Cousins- I'm going to need your help with this.  I've started a list, but let me know who you think I should interview about the family history.

I challenge my fellow genealogists to seek out family members to interview this holiday season.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...