Friday, November 11, 2011

Follow Friday

Here are a few of the fun and interesting things I found on the web this week. Check them out.  I'm sure you will find them interesting!

The Chart Chick:  I have enjoyed following the Janet as she is striving to stir her children's interest in genealogy.   She is very creative and I look forward to trying to implementing some of her ideas.

(Mis)Adventures of a Genealogy:  Cinamon shared a great link to the American Meteorological Society where one can discover the weather of your ancestors. Want to know what the weather was like in the early 1900's?Go here to check it out.  I spent a little too much time playing exploring this website.

Pinterest:  Pinterest is essentially a visual bookmarking site. Instead of bookmarking a website, one bookmarks a visual image. Each image has a link back to the website it came from. These images can be organized into virtual bulletin boards. While not a genealogy website, if you type "family history" or "genealogy" into the search box, many related images (and ultimately links) result.  I enjoy displaying my family heritage as well as making family heritage crafts.  I found lots of good ideas on Pinterest.  I've also found a number of family history books I would like to read through this site.  One needs an "invite" to participate at Pinterest; however, I just clicked "Request and Invite" and one appeared in my e-mail inbox.  Quite simple, really!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...