Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I Did It! (Mostly)

The month of November I have been participating in NaBloPoMo.  The goal was to post to my blog every day  for the month.

And I did.

Mostly......  The Thanksgiving holiday  got me off track a bit.  Maybe it was all the stuffing I ate (?).  Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I learned quite a bit from this exercise in blogging.

  • Planning is crucial.  I've never used an editorial calendar, but I can certainly see the advantages in one.
  • A "tickler file" is a great resource.  Mine is just a pad of paper sitting on my desk where I can write down an idea for a post. There is no need to be fancy or even high tech. I just need to be able to write my ideas down when I think of them to keep from forgetting them later.  
  • You "meet" lots of fun people with similar interests in the blogging world when you are tending to your blog consistently.
  • My enjoyment of telling my ancestors' stories was reinforced.  Telling their stories was why I started this blog  and why I continue to blog.  I can't not tell their stories.
December begins tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to participating in Geneabloggers Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories.  As I talk with my older relatives this Christmas season, I'm planning on talking about how they celebrated Christmas while growing up.  I'll let you know what I learn.

(PS - Don't look for a post every day.)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...