This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Are You My Cousin?: I Did It! (Mostly)

Are You My Cousin?

Discovering My Ancestors -- One Cousin at a Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

I tell the stories of my ancestors’ lives. Whether they lived 20 years ago or 200 years ago, they each have a story to tell. Some ancestors tell their stories willingly. Others must have their stories carefully teased from the records. Sometimes the stories are sad. Sometimes the stories are happy. Sometimes the stories are just funny. Regardless, my ancestors’ stories shaped their lives and the lives of those that followed. Come and share in the tales!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I Did It! (Mostly)

The month of November I have been participating in NaBloPoMo.  The goal was to post to my blog every day  for the month.

And I did.

Mostly......  The Thanksgiving holiday  got me off track a bit.  Maybe it was all the stuffing I ate (?).  Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I learned quite a bit from this exercise in blogging.

  • Planning is crucial.  I've never used an editorial calendar, but I can certainly see the advantages in one.
  • A "tickler file" is a great resource.  Mine is just a pad of paper sitting on my desk where I can write down an idea for a post. There is no need to be fancy or even high tech. I just need to be able to write my ideas down when I think of them to keep from forgetting them later.  
  • You "meet" lots of fun people with similar interests in the blogging world when you are tending to your blog consistently.
  • My enjoyment of telling my ancestors' stories was reinforced.  Telling their stories was why I started this blog  and why I continue to blog.  I can't not tell their stories.
December begins tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to participating in Geneabloggers Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories.  As I talk with my older relatives this Christmas season, I'm planning on talking about how they celebrated Christmas while growing up.  I'll let you know what I learn.

(PS - Don't look for a post every day.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Goodrum said...

Yay for you!!

December 1, 2011 at 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home