Monday, October 31, 2011

A Matter of Focus

I missed an anniversary date recently.  (Fortunately, my husband remembered and got the card out in a timely manner.)

As the family historian one would think I would remember birthdays, anniversaries, etc. After all, a day rarely goes by when I don't work with dates of some sort.

My daughter quipped that maybe I should just focus on important dates for the living family members!  Ouch!
(I'm sure I'll convert her to the genealogical way of thinking one day!)

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad. The other day I talked to my sister for half an hour before remembering it was her birthday. Since I deal with dates so much in my research that it's easy to forget about other important dates in the present, I try to check the calendar each morning. Between that and a reminder program on my computer, I'm usually pretty good about important dates, but occasionally I get busy or distracted and things slip my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...