- Be prepared to work longer than you think.
- Plan, Plan, Plan!
- Covered dished works well for the food. Everyone is guaranteed to have something they like.
- Divide the guest alphabetically by first name. A-H brings a meat dish, I-S brings a vegetable of side dish, and T-Z brings a dessert.
- Ask people to bring photographs or other family heirlooms to share.
- Take lots of pictures.
- Have a good database of names and addresses. Send out invitations 6-8 weeks ahead of time.
- Announce the reunion on-line in surname lists (such as found on Rootsweb).
- June can be a good time to hold a reunion - when the children are get out of school.
- Have activities for the little ones.
11. Enjoy the day!