Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day!

Last Labor Day I wrote a post about my ancestors' occupations.  So as this year's Labor Day holiday rolled around, I again thought about their occupations.  From last year's post, it was obvious I come from farming ancestors. (That is one gene that did not get passed down.)

What new occupations did I find for my ancestors' in the past year?

Carpenter - Alexander Humphries

Overseer of the Poor - Jesse Haley (in his later life)

Plantation Overseer - William Haley

Census Taker - Columbus Holyfield

General Store Owner - Stella Holyfield White

Horse Thief - Pelham Humphries
             Okay, that's not proven, but it sure makes for fun oral history!

How about your ancestors' occupations?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...