This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Are You My Cousin?: Apparently Someone Has Been Listening!

Are You My Cousin?

Discovering My Ancestors -- One Cousin at a Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

I tell the stories of my ancestors’ lives. Whether they lived 20 years ago or 200 years ago, they each have a story to tell. Some ancestors tell their stories willingly. Others must have their stories carefully teased from the records. Sometimes the stories are sad. Sometimes the stories are happy. Sometimes the stories are just funny. Regardless, my ancestors’ stories shaped their lives and the lives of those that followed. Come and share in the tales!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Apparently Someone Has Been Listening!

When I began pursuing my genealogy, I quickly learned that the spellings of names was very inconsistent to say the least.  I began keeping a log of the spelling variations I would find for each surname. I would share some of the more unusual spellings with anyone within earshot.

It would appear someone has been listening!

Recently one of the children was filling out a form asking for your mother's maiden name.  My child looked up and asked "Which spelling should I use? One "t" or two?"


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Cinamon Collins said...

Don't you love it when you find out you are not background noise? Glad to hear the kids are taking it in!

September 30, 2011 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Awesome! :) I'm still hoping that someday one of my brood will start paying attention!

October 1, 2011 at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home