Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sometimes There Is No Figuring It Out


I have recently been reading my grandmother Cecile White Howard's scrapbook that she started in 1932.  I found this photograph of the electric chair in the Dobson, NC jail pasted in among the postcards and candy wrappers she saved.  The question here is "Why?".  Why would my grandmother put this particular photo in her scrapbook?  To my knowledge, no ancestor ever sat in this chair. (I know you were thinking that!)

White family cousins,  do you know why this photograph is in Cecile's scrapbook?

1 comment:

  1. That is certainly an interesting photo to have in a scrapbook and how nice that it's even labeled for you :-) Hope you can figure out why she had that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...