This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Are You My Cousin?: A Dear Lady Has Departed

Are You My Cousin?

Discovering My Ancestors -- One Cousin at a Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

I tell the stories of my ancestors’ lives. Whether they lived 20 years ago or 200 years ago, they each have a story to tell. Some ancestors tell their stories willingly. Others must have their stories carefully teased from the records. Sometimes the stories are sad. Sometimes the stories are happy. Sometimes the stories are just funny. Regardless, my ancestors’ stories shaped their lives and the lives of those that followed. Come and share in the tales!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Dear Lady Has Departed


Dorothy Adams Haley
20 Oct 1917-11 Aug 2011

I only met her once.  We are related by marriage.  Yet, I felt a kinship to this southern lady.  Since her marriage to my great grandmother's youngest  brother Clyde Haley in 1937, Dorothy was an integral part of the  Haley family.  During my time with her, she shared stories about herself and my Haley ancestors no one else could possibly tell.  She shared herself.  She shared my heritage.  For that I am truly grateful.  Our family was all the better for having her in it. She will be missed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Debi Austen said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

August 14, 2011 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger Amy Coffin said...

Lisa, I am sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful woman.

August 14, 2011 at 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home