- Karen's Chatt by Karen Bennett
- GeneaJulia by Julia Langel
- Karen's Genealogy Oasis by Karen Blackmore
- The Passionate Genealogist by Ruth Blair
Here are a few things I learned about Family Search:
- Family Search has 530 million + images online.
- They have 1.7 billion indexed records.
- 30% of the image indexing for the 1940 census has been completed in 37 days.
- The 1940 census indexing project is just a small piece of the indexing projects that Family Search has ongoing. VOLUNTEERS are needed.
On Wednesday morning, I attended the opening ceremony which included a presentation on the 1848 Cincinnati daguerreotype panorama by Patricia Moseley Van Skaik of the Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County. The discoveries in the details of the photograph are absolutely amazing. This topic deserves a post of its own, so look for one in the future.
The exhibit hall opened and look who I met!
That's me with Lisa Louise Cooke of the Genealogy Gems Podcast. I started blogging after listening to her podcasts series. Lisa gave great advice and Are You My Cousin is now three years old. Thanks, Lisa!
I'm off to a new session, but I'll report on more later.