Friday, September 18, 2009

Remember the Jackpot

Remember that "jackpot" of genealogy information I received over the last month? I have had a great time sifting through all these treasures. Among the pictures were some priceless pictures of my great x 2 grandfather holding my father as a baby. I have also found a picture of my great grandfather getting in on the baby holding act. Wow! Really wonderful pictures.

I also obtained this picture:


This is a portrait of two of the Haley sisters, daughters of William Henry Haley and his wife Clara Holt Haley of the Halifax area of Virginia. I've been told by a family member that one of the women is Ivy Haley, probably the one on the right. The other woman's identity is not known but likely a sister: Carrie, Winnie, Daisy, Ruby, or Mary Madeline. My first thought is this is a picture of Ivy and her sister Daisy. Of the Haley girls, Ivy and Daisy are the closest in age with Ivy being born in 1894 and Daisy in 1896.

So....if any Haley researchers out in blogland can identify these women or have any information on this Haley family, please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...