This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Are You My Cousin?: Overwhelmed and Couldn't Be Happier

Are You My Cousin?

Discovering My Ancestors -- One Cousin at a Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

I tell the stories of my ancestors’ lives. Whether they lived 20 years ago or 200 years ago, they each have a story to tell. Some ancestors tell their stories willingly. Others must have their stories carefully teased from the records. Sometimes the stories are sad. Sometimes the stories are happy. Sometimes the stories are just funny. Regardless, my ancestors’ stories shaped their lives and the lives of those that followed. Come and share in the tales!

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Overwhelmed and Couldn't Be Happier

I am currently overwhelmed in all matters of genealogy and family history. In case you think this is a complaint, it most definitely is not! During the last couple of months, I have come into the possession of many old family photos, land deeds, wills, and family letters and memoribilia from my ancestors. What's more, these items come from four different family lines! It is like winning the genealogical jackpot. I'm looking forward to sorting things out, identifying photos and finding new clues to further my research. I'm giddy just thinking about it all.


Here's a sneak preview of just one of the things I found:

That's my grandfather Crafton Talbott holding me as an infant.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Greta Koehl said...

Wow - You really did hit the jackpot! I have come into a lot of "goodies," but not so many at once. I would love to hear how you came by these.

September 12, 2009 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Greta, thanks for the comment! I came into all my goodies when cleaning out my grandmother's house as well as the result of other family members cleaning out their old files.

September 13, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home