Sunday, July 24, 2011

If You Thought Genealogy Was Boring...

...then you've:

  • Never discovered your grandparents wedding license lists the wrong groom!  Read about that here.
  • Never stood on the ground where your Great x 5 grandfather gathered with his unit before marching off to fight in the Revolutionary War.  It does give one goosebumps! More about that here.
  • Never opened a book and come face to face with your Great x 3 grandparents. Meet them here.
  • Never read postcards dated almost 100 years ago and lost count of your Great grandmother's beaus. Read about the Courtship of Esther.
  • Never run through a rural cemetery in your Sunday dress to get just one more photo. Read about that fun Sunday afternoon involving three cemeteries and a Piggly Wiggly.
How could anyone (i.e. my children) ever think genealogy is boring? 

7 comments:

  1. Like, like, like! Great little post, Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good way to highlight several specific ancestors and events in their lives. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do your children still think genealogy is boring?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harriet, I'm not sure whether they think it's boring or just "not cool"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This addresses the issue that I face - making genealogy interesting enough to my children so that at least one will get involved! I am constantly searching for the "interesting angles." Excellent post and concept!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post, and fun to read a few I missed. But, I will never forget your great series on Esther. Neat idea you had, and thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, Lisa! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with a wrong name on a marriage license.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...