Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Social History Resource




Nancy over at My Ancestors and Me wrote this wonderful post on HEARTH - Home Economics Archive: Research, Tradition, and History website published by the Mann Library at Cornell University. HEARTH  is a great resource into the home lives of our ancestors.  Here you will find information on how they dressed, the food they ate, and how they cared for their homes.  There are even issues regarding sanitation issues!  As I tell my ancestors' stories, I think HEARTH will provide interesting social history details and a better understanding of my ancestors' daily lives.

Head over to My Ancestor and Me and read all the details.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nod, Lisa. I really appreciate it. I hope you and others find HEARTH helpful. It was fun to explore.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...