Monday, March 28, 2011

The Year Was 1965.....


Vintage magazines can be so fun.  I have several that were saved from the trash when a library was doing some spring cleaning.  The one above is from April 1965.


This is the February 1965 edition.


What an adorable cover for this March 1965 edition of Woman's Day.

These two women's magazines continue to publish today.  As a wife and mother, I have read and enjoyed them over the years.  Funny,  as I look at the vintage stories, the interests and concerns of women today don't look so different. (The hair styles don't look that different either!  More on that in another post.)

Why 1965 editions?  It's the year I was born (and yes, I'll let you do the math).  Does that mean I'm vintage, too?  Don't answer that.

1 comment:

  1. The year I graduated from high school. I loved September when the really thick editions came out. Vogue, Glamor, Seventeen.

    I am taking it hard that I'm vintage on my way to antique. Ouch!

    I like the dos. Still good today! Thanks for the glimpse backward.

    -fM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...