Monday, March 14, 2011

I Have a Confession

I have something to confess.


I have not always been good at documenting my sources used in my genealogy research.

Early in my genealogical research I would get carried away with each new piece of information I would find. I would read it, analyze it and move on to the next piece of the puzzle. Oh, I might write down a note about where the information or document came from, but often I skipped over the information needed for a full source citation.

Now I am on a journey to correct my past mistakes. I am returning to my earlier research to correctly cite my sources. This undoubtedly will cause some backtracking, but that’s okay. Lessons will be learned.

Whew! I’m glad that’s out.

Does anyone else have a genealogical confession?

2 comments:

  1. I have the same confession. Also, I am not always good about filing my findings promptly. It causes wasted time down the road when I have to go looking for it. I'm constantly working to be better about it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve awarded you the One Lovely Blog Award! Please visit my blog at http://thefacesofmyfamily.blogspot.com/ to pick up your award!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...