Monday, November 1, 2010

On This Date....

I found a nifty little book on my recent trip to the library. No, this was not a genealogy related trip, but a fiction seeking sort of trip. If I read too much history and/or genealogy material before I go to bed at night, I wake up at two in the morning trying to solve a genealogical puzzle. Sometimes I just have to read something that does not pertain to genealogy. Does this happen to anyone else? Anyway.....back to the book (which actually is a history book!).

The book is entitled On This Day in North Carolina by Lew Powell. It has lots of interesting tidbits about NC history separated out by the date they occurred. I thought it might be fun way to share some of my state's history.

November 1, 1935:

Did you know that on this date motor vehicle drivers were required to be licensed?

(Source: Lew Powell, On This Day in North Carolina (Winston-Salem, North Carlina: John F Blair Publisher, 1996), 205

1 comment:

  1. Yes, those genealogy mysteries occupy my days and nights sometimes, too. I'm surprised that drivers weren't required to be licensed before 1935. But I don't know when that was required in my state. I should check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...