Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentine Postcard





I thought February would be a good time to share some of the Valentine's Day postcards that I have. The above postcard was sent to my great grandmother Esther Lee Richardson prior to her marriage. It reads:
Round is the ring
that has no end.
So is my love for you, my friend.
Guess who?
Unfortunately the date on the postmark has faded, so I do not know the exact year Esther received this card. Nor do I know who sent it? Was "Guess who" Boss Henry Talbott, her future husband? Or was "Guess who" a suitor before Boss Henry came into the picture? (Personally I like to think the sender was my great grandfather Boss Henry.)

4 comments:

  1. Do you have ANY document, letter, anything, that has his signature on it so you could compare???

    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,

    I'm pulling out samples of Boss Henry's handwriting today. I have quite a few samples, but his writing varied quite a bit. The writing on this card is actually much neater than his usual writing, but I'm taking a second look. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This postcard takes my breath away! It is stunningly beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing it.
    Nancy from My Ancestors and Me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...