This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Are You My Cousin?: Dear Old Santa Claus

Are You My Cousin?

Discovering My Ancestors -- One Cousin at a Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

I tell the stories of my ancestors’ lives. Whether they lived 20 years ago or 200 years ago, they each have a story to tell. Some ancestors tell their stories willingly. Others must have their stories carefully teased from the records. Sometimes the stories are sad. Sometimes the stories are happy. Sometimes the stories are just funny. Regardless, my ancestors’ stories shaped their lives and the lives of those that followed. Come and share in the tales!

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dear Old Santa Claus

As Christmas approaches, I remembered several letters among my great-grandmother's things from the Christmas season. Over the next few posts, I will share transcripts of all or part of the letters. I hope you enjoy a glimpse into Christmases past.

This is the transcript of a letter written in 1919 to Santa Claus by nine year old Flemming Terry of South Boston, VA. Flemming was the daughter of Nannie Talbott and Henry Cleveland Terry.

South Boston, VA
december 1919

Dear old Santa Clause
I will write to you as it is Christmas. Well Santa Clause I am a little girl 9 years old and I want you to bring me a ______ suit and a pretty little vase and some apples and some ____ ____ , and oranges and candy.
Best wishes to old Santa Clause

Fleming Terry

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

What a treasure!

December 16, 2009 at 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home