This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Are You My Cousin?: WWII Ration Tickets

Are You My Cousin?

Discovering My Ancestors -- One Cousin at a Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

I tell the stories of my ancestors’ lives. Whether they lived 20 years ago or 200 years ago, they each have a story to tell. Some ancestors tell their stories willingly. Others must have their stories carefully teased from the records. Sometimes the stories are sad. Sometimes the stories are happy. Sometimes the stories are just funny. Regardless, my ancestors’ stories shaped their lives and the lives of those that followed. Come and share in the tales!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

WWII Ration Tickets


I found these among some old family papers. They are WWII gas ration tickets issued to my great-great grandfather Joseph M. Talbott of South Boston, VA. I have never seen actual ration coupons before. This particular set was valid on 23 Apr 1945 and marked as "Non Highway". I take that to mean these were most likely for his farming equipment.

What an interesting find and a good history lesson for my children.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home