Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tombstone Tuesday - Old White Family Cemetery

*I was granted permission by the photographer and the webmaster of CemeteryCensus.com to post these photographs on my blog.


These are photographs of an Old White Cemetery in Surry County, NC.  The cemetery is located off Brindle Road near Dobson, NC.  It is on private property and considered abandoned According to CemeteryCensus.com, most of the stones are are field stones.  Other unmarked graves are thought to be there as well.

I do not know if this is my White family line I have been researching. (I am working with another White family researcher to untangle the Whites of Surry County, NC.) Given the area of the Surry County where this cemetery is located and its age, I would not be surprised if this is the site of some of the my earlier White generation(s). I admit, that could be wishful thinking!

If you are a White family researcher and know more about this abandoned cemetery or the Whites of Surry County, NC , please contact me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...