This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Are You My Cousin?: The Old NC Education Building

Are You My Cousin?

Discovering My Ancestors -- One Cousin at a Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

I tell the stories of my ancestors’ lives. Whether they lived 20 years ago or 200 years ago, they each have a story to tell. Some ancestors tell their stories willingly. Others must have their stories carefully teased from the records. Sometimes the stories are sad. Sometimes the stories are happy. Sometimes the stories are just funny. Regardless, my ancestors’ stories shaped their lives and the lives of those that followed. Come and share in the tales!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Old NC Education Building

NC Education Building Being Built

My great grandfather Connie M. Howard (1891-1995) worked in construction. He would often need to leave his family to travel to where he could find work.  One area he found work in was Raleigh, NC.  Above is a photograph of the (old) NC Education Building being built.  It is located in downtown Raleigh across from the old Capitol Building. The 1936 Raleigh directory lists my great grandfather as a "hoisting eng". I suspect the crane in the photograph is the one he operated.

Below is how the building looks today.

Old NC Education Building 2012

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home