Friday, January 6, 2012

It's Always Nice.....

.....when I open up my e-mail and discover a cousin has sent me pieces of the family history.

Look what I found in my inbox last week.

While I already know most of the information in mu great grandmother's obituary, I have never actually seen her obituary.  I notice that Winnie Carr is listed as a member of St. Thomas Episcopal Church at Clarkton.  I find that interesting since the family moved away from the Clarkton area in Halifax County, VA  to Charlotte County, VA in the 1920's.  It was not so far away, but no longer close either.  The family began attending New Hope Methodist Church on what is now Scuffletown Rd in Charlotte County.  Later, Winnie and her husband S. Baker Carr moved closer to Halifax, Halifax County.  Apparently Winnie never changed her membership.


Thanks to my Haley family cousin for sending me this!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...