This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Are You My Cousin?: Could These Be Photographs of Your Ancestors?

Are You My Cousin?

Discovering My Ancestors -- One Cousin at a Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

I tell the stories of my ancestors’ lives. Whether they lived 20 years ago or 200 years ago, they each have a story to tell. Some ancestors tell their stories willingly. Others must have their stories carefully teased from the records. Sometimes the stories are sad. Sometimes the stories are happy. Sometimes the stories are just funny. Regardless, my ancestors’ stories shaped their lives and the lives of those that followed. Come and share in the tales!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Could These Be Photographs of Your Ancestors?

Like many genealogists and family historian, I have photographs of people I cannot identified.  When I first came into possession of them, I just assumed the photographs were of my ancestors. People in the family.

I may have made a wrong assumption.

Many of my unidentified photographs were among my great grandmother Eshter L Richardson's things. (I've written about Esther frequently here on my blog.)  As I have gotten to know her through her saved letters and postcards, I learned that she was very social and had a lot of friends with whom she kept in touch.  This was the early 1900's when photographs were becoming more popular and easy to share.

I had a lot of her correspondence with her friends (and beaus), why not photographs?  Below are some of those photographs I still cannot identify.  I believe the individuals to have been from Pittsylvania County, Halifax County or Mecklenburg County areas of south central Virginia.

Possible surnames might include: Farson, Clark, Satterfield, Meadows, or Roberts.  Some Elliotts might be there as well.

Take a look.  If you see anyone you might recognize, leave me a comment.  If you know anyone researching these surnames or this area of Virginia, forward them my link.  I am going to need help identifying these individuals.








Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home