This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Are You My Cousin?: Goals for 2012

Are You My Cousin?

Discovering My Ancestors -- One Cousin at a Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

I tell the stories of my ancestors’ lives. Whether they lived 20 years ago or 200 years ago, they each have a story to tell. Some ancestors tell their stories willingly. Others must have their stories carefully teased from the records. Sometimes the stories are sad. Sometimes the stories are happy. Sometimes the stories are just funny. Regardless, my ancestors’ stories shaped their lives and the lives of those that followed. Come and share in the tales!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Goals for 2012

I am typically a goal setter.  (I prefer goals to resolutions.) I have set my goals for 2012 in several areas of my life including home, exercise and career.  The funny thing is that I am having difficulty in setting goals for my genealogy research.  Not so much the short term goals as the long range ones.

So, for now, I am sticking with setting monthly goals/focus areas.

January 2012 goals include:

  • Continue researching John White of Surry County, NC.  Write up my research so far.
  • Complete my search of the tax records of Halifax County, VA of the Owen family connected my Jesse Haley.  Begin search of land records.
  • Create new list of possible fathers for Jesse Haley.
  • Add new items to Esther's Place - Heritage Gifts by Lisa.
I would love to add more, but I think I will stop there.  I think that will keep me busy for a few weeks.  I am already looking forward to February and possibly a courthouse research trip.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home