This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Are You My Cousin?: I Had To Read The Directions

Are You My Cousin?

Discovering My Ancestors -- One Cousin at a Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

I tell the stories of my ancestors’ lives. Whether they lived 20 years ago or 200 years ago, they each have a story to tell. Some ancestors tell their stories willingly. Others must have their stories carefully teased from the records. Sometimes the stories are sad. Sometimes the stories are happy. Sometimes the stories are just funny. Regardless, my ancestors’ stories shaped their lives and the lives of those that followed. Come and share in the tales!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Had To Read The Directions

My old iron needed to be replaced recently.  It just was not heating up well anymore.  So, DH came home with this.....

My New Iron
....a super fancy iron and I love it. I do admit that the first time I went to use it the family laughed.  I had to pull out the directions to figure out how to turn it to the correct setting!  Adding water for the steam setting?  Back to the directions! Did I mention it came with lots of bells and whistles?

I don't think Grandmom Winnie (my great grandmother) had to worry with directions before she ironed. I also think she had strong arms.

Winnie Haley Carr's iron

I wonder if my Winnie would be offended if I used her iron in my home gym?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy O'Neal said...

Love it!

January 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM  
Blogger Cinamon Collins said...

Ha ha! This was my giggle for today. Thanks!

February 1, 2012 at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home