This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Are You My Cousin?: Buffalo Lithia Springs, VA

Are You My Cousin?

Discovering My Ancestors -- One Cousin at a Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

I tell the stories of my ancestors’ lives. Whether they lived 20 years ago or 200 years ago, they each have a story to tell. Some ancestors tell their stories willingly. Others must have their stories carefully teased from the records. Sometimes the stories are sad. Sometimes the stories are happy. Sometimes the stories are just funny. Regardless, my ancestors’ stories shaped their lives and the lives of those that followed. Come and share in the tales!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Buffalo Lithia Springs, VA


Buffalo Lithia Springs, VA today is known as Buffalo Springs or Buffalo Junction and located in Mecklenburg County, VA just east of the Halifax County line. This postcard depicts one of the natural springs in the area. The postcard is addressed to Miss Esther Lee Richardson, living in Kentuck,Pittsylvania County, VA . The postmark is difficult to read but is 190_. The sender of the card was her friend "Edna". Interestingly, after her marriage to Boss Henry Talbott, Esther lived in this area of Mecklenburg County.



I do wonder if a child got hold of a pencil and used the postcard to scribble. Some things do not change over the years!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home