Friday, August 27, 2010

1951 Cluster Springs Yearbook


One source I have not used much is a relative's yearbook. Last spring I came into possession of this yearbook from Cluster Springs High School in Cluster Springs, VA. (Cluster Springs is located in the southern part of Halifax County, VA where my Talbott ancestors lived.) I was actually able to drive by the school's old location, however a fire station now sits on the property. The empty lot next to the school that served as the playground/ball field is still there and looks to be waiting for the next game of kick ball.

Over the next several posts, I will be sharing pages from the yearbook. I was surprised by how many surnames I recognized as I read through the pages. I really should not have been. Cluster Springs was (and still is) a small community. I found faces to go with names and names to go with faces. Best of all, the yearbook stirs the memories of my relatives. More stories are remembered and told to the younger generations. And isn't that what it's all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...