This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Are You My Cousin?: Activity For a Hot Summer Day

Are You My Cousin?

Discovering My Ancestors -- One Cousin at a Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

I tell the stories of my ancestors’ lives. Whether they lived 20 years ago or 200 years ago, they each have a story to tell. Some ancestors tell their stories willingly. Others must have their stories carefully teased from the records. Sometimes the stories are sad. Sometimes the stories are happy. Sometimes the stories are just funny. Regardless, my ancestors’ stories shaped their lives and the lives of those that followed. Come and share in the tales!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Activity For a Hot Summer Day

I have six rolls of microfilm to review and it is 100 degrees (literally) outside and humid as only the south can be. Mmmmm......wonder what I'll be doing today.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Poole said...

Lisa, I feel sorry for you, but I'm also experiencing it too, not 100 today, but very high humidity. And, I am in Massachusetts. The weather has been terrible in July. Enjoy the microfilm reading...and your walk to your car!

July 24, 2010 at 3:47 PM  
Blogger Barbara Poole said...

Lisa, I just have to ask. How did you make out, find anything good in the rolls? Bet you accomplished more than me yesterday.

July 25, 2010 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Barbara, Thanks for asking. I made it through three rolls of film before I went a little "cross eyed". I am searching for Haley ancestors in the tax rolls in the early-mid 1800's. I found a few people where they are supposed to be, but am still in search of the elusvie Jesse Haley. He's there somewhere.

July 25, 2010 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

That sounds like a perfect activity for 100-degree weather. It was hot and humid in Ohio on Saturday, too -- too hot to be outside. It's great that you found a few of your ancestors.

July 26, 2010 at 9:26 PM  
Blogger Heather Rojo said...

Archives are the best places to be when it's muggy. Before I got AC I used to drive to Boston and spend the day at NEHGS- and stay until they kicked me out!

July 29, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home