Thursday, June 7, 2012

Your Ancestor Might Be In My Closet

A  researcher recently contacted me after reading about a Farson ancestor on my blog.  Nannie Lee Farson was the best friend of my great grandmother Esther Lee Richardson Talbott.

Apparently I have his ancestor in my closet!

I was able to forward him a photo of Esther and Nannie Lee together taken in the late 1910's or early 1920's.  I was able to forward letters written in Nannie's own hand that included her original signature.  He was able to identify more of the friends and associates listed in the letters, thus, filling in more of Esther's life.

This fun exchange with a fellow researcher got me thinking.


If his ancestor is in my closet, whose closet are my ancestors in?


If you have ancestors in the Virginia counties of Halifax, Pittsylvania and Charlotte, I just might have your ancestors in my closet, too.  Esther's letters are often filled with news and location of her friends and cousins.     You never know.  Yours might be among them.

***I posted about the friendship between my great grandmother Esther Lee Richardson Talbott and Nannie Lee Farson recently.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...