Thursday, December 2, 2010

Advent Calendar - Holiday Food

I daresay there are few other families who celebrate Christmas morning with this delicacy. After the presents are opened, we sit down to chocolate waffles with ice cream and chocolate syrup! We've even been known to add chocolate chips if we have any. You can imagine the sugar rush (and the "crash" that comes later!). Regardless, it is a delicious way to start the day.



I do not know how this tradition got started. We are generally a healthy eating family. Somewhere someone found a recipe that "looked good". We tried it once, and a tradition was born. It is quirky I know, but it's ours. Perhaps that's the most important thing.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - could I join your family this year?? You don't even have to get me any presents - I just want the waffles ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...