This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Are You My Cousin?: One Last Look at the Cluster Springs Yearbook

Are You My Cousin?

Discovering My Ancestors -- One Cousin at a Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

I tell the stories of my ancestors’ lives. Whether they lived 20 years ago or 200 years ago, they each have a story to tell. Some ancestors tell their stories willingly. Others must have their stories carefully teased from the records. Sometimes the stories are sad. Sometimes the stories are happy. Sometimes the stories are just funny. Regardless, my ancestors’ stories shaped their lives and the lives of those that followed. Come and share in the tales!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

One Last Look at the Cluster Springs Yearbook

I confess as I was looking through the Cluster Springs High School yearbook of 1951, I was mostly looking at the people and names. Then I came across the ads in the back of the book. I realized what a treasure trove of information these pages held all by themselves. The ads gave me a glimpse into the business community of this little community of Halifax County, VA. I even found an O L Talbot who owned a general merchandise store. I'm not sure who O L Talbot was, but I'm sure he's related somehow. So, I encourage you to look at more than just the photos in yearbooks. You never know what you might find.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home