This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Are You My Cousin?: New In My Genealogy Library

Are You My Cousin?

Discovering My Ancestors -- One Cousin at a Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

I tell the stories of my ancestors’ lives. Whether they lived 20 years ago or 200 years ago, they each have a story to tell. Some ancestors tell their stories willingly. Others must have their stories carefully teased from the records. Sometimes the stories are sad. Sometimes the stories are happy. Sometimes the stories are just funny. Regardless, my ancestors’ stories shaped their lives and the lives of those that followed. Come and share in the tales!

Friday, May 20, 2011

New In My Genealogy Library

Anyone who knows me knows that I love books. I always have loved to read and I am sure I always will. While at the NGS conference last week, I purchased a few books to add to my genealogy library. (I did manage a feat of self restraint to not purchase many more!) I have not read these yet, but I will share my thoughts on them as I do.

I first added The Journey Takers by Leslie Albrecht. This is the story of her immigrant ancestors and her search to find them.


I next added You Can Write Your Family History by Sharon DeBartolo Carmack. No explanation is needed here.

Finally I added Life in Civil War America by Michael Varhola.



In addition I have the syllabus book from the National Genealogy Conference containing the syllabi of all the lectures presented over the four days. Obviously I will not be lacking in reading material in the near future.





Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home