This page has moved to a new address.

< $BlogItemTitle$>

Are You My Cousin?: Weekly Postcard Niagara Falls

Are You My Cousin?

Discovering My Ancestors -- One Cousin at a Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina

I tell the stories of my ancestors’ lives. Whether they lived 20 years ago or 200 years ago, they each have a story to tell. Some ancestors tell their stories willingly. Others must have their stories carefully teased from the records. Sometimes the stories are sad. Sometimes the stories are happy. Sometimes the stories are just funny. Regardless, my ancestors’ stories shaped their lives and the lives of those that followed. Come and share in the tales!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Weekly Postcard Niagara Falls


This is a fun postcard from Niagara Falls. More specifically, this is the American Falls. I chose this postcard to share as I will participate in the 8th Edition of A Festival of Postcards over here.
This edition's theme is geography and Niagara Falls seemed to fit.

This postcard is addressed to my great-grandmother Esther Lee Richardson in New Ferry, VA. It is postmarked 16 Oct 1913 in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Unfortunately the card is not signed and I have no idea who sent it.

The message on the card is written in pencil and a bit more smudged than other cards in my collection. The transcription is as follows:

Hello
Just a word to you to let you know I am having a nice time Hope you are well and enjoying the best of life

Enjoy!



Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Beautiful! Too bad we don't know who sent it. How wonderful that she kept it.

April 17, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home