Monday, July 30, 2012

A Step Up?

Marblehead, MA Harbor

Walking along the historic streets (and cemeteries) in New England towns such as Concord and Salem, Massachusetts is a treat for someone who loves history.

I have no ancestors from New England, but I am still fascinated by those who walked these streets 400 years in the past.

Walking through these towns with teens has a way of keeping my genealogy and history interests in perspective.

I was admiring a lovely old building in Salem, MA when DD informed me the building was a home for "Aged Women".

DD: "Just for you, Mom."  (She said with a grin.)

Me: "What!"

DD: "Well, it's a step up from when we dropped  you off in the cemetery this morning!"

Ouch! That hurt!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...