Friday, December 9, 2011

Please, No More John Whites!

My research focus recently has been on my White family line out of Surry County, NC.  Another research and I are working hard to untangle the White families.  A daunting task to say the least.

My line looks like this:

Cecile White (my grandmother)  (1917-1983)

 James Abe White     (1891-1967)

 Thomas Jefferson White   (1851-1922)

 Joseph White    (Abt 1802-Abt 1881)

John White      (b. Abt 1770)
                                                         

These relationships are well established.  It's with Joseph's father John White where the research starts getting difficult.  There are John Whites in multiple NC counties and VA.  In the NC Will Index there are 34 John Whites listed scattered throughout NC.  Not one of them is the right one!

"My" John White and his sons came to Surry County likely in the late 1820's.  But where did they come from?   With which White family do they connect?  Many (unsourced) online trees have the family coming from Warren County, NC or possibly Granville County.  This is a very real possibility and one I'm checking out.

The search continues......



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...